Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sunday

We went exploring Sunday afternoon. 
It was our anniversary and I wanted to see more of Miami. 
We drove down to the design district. No galleries were open and the streets were quiet. 




Wynwood Walls is a small graffiti park betwixt two cafes. 
It was fun to meander through the paintings and guess what the artist wanted to express. 



Most of the art was not signed so I do not know to whom credit is due.


This was hilarious.
He rolled her across the lawn whilst she squealed with delight 
and, I suspect, some measure of terror. 







We visited this swell, nerdy coffee shop, Panther Coffee. They roast their own beans in store, and have every single coffee-brewing gadget my exploding mind could imagine. Their cold brew was exceptional. My husband had a latte with real vanilla syrup. I then realized not only how pathetic is Starbuck's coffee, but how much sugar they use. I digress, but that was good coffee. You have my recommendation. 

. . .

Then we went to a gas station in Coconut Grove. We went inside this same gas station and there was a wine cellar and a superb little tapas restaurant. The doctor my husband is working with recommended it. We shared Ensalada Rusa (Russian salad), Chorizo Tentación (a Spanish chorizo, blood sausage, and botifarra dish), and Empanada de Langosta (spicy lobster).


We had a grand time. The morning worship service was great, got to witness a child dedication and all the women received roses. "Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised" (Proverbs 31:30).



No comments:

Post a Comment